Brazil, São Paulo, São Paulo Cemetery Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)/Known IssuesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
| This page was created by FamilySearch Historical Records personnel. It details problems identified within this collection and answers to those problems.
If you wish to comment, please visit the discussion page to post your comments.
Question #1: When searching São Paulo , Aracá, Óbitos 1916, Jan-1917, Jan, I found that it does not contain Óbitos (Deaths) but contains an ĺndice de Óbitos (index to deaths). Are death records available online for 1916?
Answer #1: The original records of this collection were recorded in digital format, therefore there is no microfilm.
Question #2: The ĺndice de Óbitos for São Paulo, Aracá for the time frame of 1916, Jan – 1917 Ago are missing. Is this index available?
Answer #2: Óbitos 1916, Jan – 1917, Jan. was mislabeled. It is actually an ĺndice de Óbitos for the listed dates. The index for January - August 1917 is listed as ĺndice de Óbitos 1917 Jan – Ago.
Question #3: In the São Paulo, Brás records there are many misnamed folders, duplicated images and missing dates. Do you have a list of these errors? Are the missing records available?
Answer #3: For a complete list of problems with this file, see the list below. The missing records are not available on line or by film, the original records of this collection were recorded in digital format, therefore there is no microfilm.
Obitos 1926 Jun-Out – missing
- Obitos 1929, Set-Nov – missing
- Obitos 1929, Dez-1930 Fev - missing
- Obitos 1930 Out-1931 Jan - missing
- Obitos 1931, Jul-Set – missing
- Obitos 1935, Dez - 1936, Jan - dgs 4370485 & 4381397 - Loaded twice with different dgs numbers
- Obitos 1940,Dez-1941,Fev – dgs 4371251 and Obitos 1940,Dez-1941,Jan – dgs – 4381754 are the same images with different titles and different dgs numbers
- Obitos 1940,Out-Dez - Duplicated image -Image 1 thru 222 are same as 223 thru 444 – dgs 4371201 Obitos 1910-Maio-Sep should read Obitos Mar-Sep – dgs 4384126
- Obitos 1917, Nov-1920, Jan should read Obitos 1919, Nov-1920 Nov – dgs 4386969
- Obitos 1924, Jan-Jul should read Obitos 1924 Jan-Mar – dgs 4391352
- Obitos 1930, Abr-Jun should read Obitos 1930 Abr-Jul – dgs 4391171
Question #4: When searching São Paulo, Aracá I find many of the ĺndice de Óbitos have the incorrect date range listed. Do you have a listing of the correct dates contained within these files?
Answer #4: Yes, see the list below.
- Índice de Óbitos 1918, Nov should read Índice de Óbitos 1918, Nov-Dez
- Índice de Óbitos 1918, Dez-1919, Jan should read Índice de Óbitos 1918, Dez-1919, Fev
- Índice de Óbitos 1919, Mar-Abr should read Índice de Óbitos 1919, Mar-Jul
- Índice de Óbitos 1919, Jul-Ago should read Índice de Óbitos 1919, Jul-Out
- Índice de Óbitos 1919, Out-Nov should read Índice de Óbitos 1919, Out-1920, Jan
- Índice de Óbitos 1920, Jan-Mar should read Índice de Óbitos 1920, Jan-Maio
- Índice de Óbitos 1920, Maio-Jun should read Índice de Óbitos 1920, Maio-Ago
- Índice de Óbitos 1920, Ago-Out should read Índice de Óbitos 1920, Ago-Dez
- Índice de Óbitos 1920, Dez-1921, Jan should read Índice de Óbitos 1920, Dez-1921, Mar
- Índice de Óbitos 1921, Mar-Abr should read Índice de Óbitos 1921, Mar-Jun
- Índice de Óbitos 1921, Jun-Jul should read Índice de Óbitos 1921, Jun-Set
- Índice de Óbitos 1921, Set-Nov should read Índice de Óbitos 1921, Set-Dez
- Índice de Óbitos 1921, Dez-1922, Jan should read Índice de Óbitos 1921, Dez-1922, Mar
- Índice de Óbitos 1921, Abr-Jun should read Índice de Óbitos 1929, Abr-Ago
Question #5: In the file São Paulo, Aracá there are many instances in the ĺndice de Óbitos where the images from the back side of the page are missing. Are images of the back side of these pages available?
Answer #5: The camera operator digitized fronts of pages, then backs of pages, but created separate image files, instead of combining them into a single image file. Images 1 -35 are of records on the right side of the ledger. Images 35 – 55 are images from the left side of the ledger. Both sections are in alphabetical order. All of the pages were copied but they are not in front then back order.
If you encounter additional problems with this collection, feel free to report them at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following information:
- If browsing this collection: please include the full path you followed to where the problem occurred. The browse path is located above the Image viewer window.
For example: Brazil, São Paulo, São Paulo, Burial Records > São Paulo > Brás > Óbitos 1927, Jan-Mar > Image 2 of 179.
- If you are reporting a technical issue: please include your operating system and browser version, such as Windows XP and Internet Explorer.
Your assistance will help ensure that future revisions will be considered.
Return to the Brazil, São Paulo, São Paulo Cemetery Records Learn More page.
Return to the Brazil, São Paulo, São Paulo, Burial Records collection at FamilySearch.org.
- This page was last modified on 6 February 2013, at 02:16.
- This page has been accessed 250 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More