Bowthorpe, NorfolkEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
BOWTHORPE (St. Michael), a parish, in the incorporation and hundred of Forehoe, E. division of Norfolk, 3½ miles (W. by N.) from Norwich. 
Bowthorpe St Michael is the Ancient parish in the Diocese of Norwich whose records are lost and the church was dilapidated in 1602.
This parish does not appear on Record Search as no microfilm for the parish is held
Refer to Record Search images for:
Norfolk Record Office reference PD 420
Parish Records of Earlham St Mary and Earlham with Bowthorpe
a. Census records from 1841-1891 are available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 438856. To view these census images online, they are available through the following websites for a fee ($) or free:
- FamilySearch has some of the British Censuses available.
- FindMyPast ($) has all available census records including images, and is free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and some public and academic libraries.
- Ancestry.co.uk ($) has now all available census records but free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and at numerous public and academic libraries. The library versions are known as AncestryInstitution.com.
- The Genealogist.co.uk ($) has all available censuses and is free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and various other libraries.
- FreeCen is a UK census searches. It is not complete and individuals are always asked to consider helping out with transcriptions.
Poor Law Unions
- Forehoe http://www.institutions.org.uk/workhouses/england/norf/forehoe_workhouse.htm
- Norfolk Poor Law Unions
- Forehoe 1837-1938
- Norwich Outer 1939-1974
- This page was last modified on 8 April 2013, at 13:51.
- This page has been accessed 248 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More