Bodedern, AngleseyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
BODEDERN, a parish in the hundred of Lyfon, in the county of Anglesey, North Wales, 7 miles to the E. of Holyhead. The name of this place, which signifies "House of Edern," is derived from a bard who resided here in the 7th century. It is situated in a pleasant country on the old road to Holyhead. For more information, see Bodedern, Anglesey at Genuki.org.uk.
Census records from 1841-1891 are available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. The first film number is 464296. To view these census images online, they are available through the following websites for a fee ($) or free:
- FamilySearch has some of the British Censuses available.
- FindMyPast ($) has all available census records including images, and is free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and some public and academic libraries.
- Ancestry.co.uk ($) has now all available census records but free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and at numerous public and academic libraries. The library versions are known as AncestryInstitution.com.
- The Genealogist.co.uk ($) has all available censuses and is free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and various other libraries.
- FreeCen is a UK census searches. It is not complete and individuals are always asked to consider helping out with transcriptions.
Maps and Gazetteers
- This page was last modified on 16 January 2013, at 03:03.
- This page has been accessed 89 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More