Big Piney Wyoming Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
(Add a brief paragraph about your center here and the area it serves. Information in italics below is guidance for you and should be deleted as you fill out the page. Remove italics from other text by selecting the text and clicking the "I" box in the Toolbar above.)
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- Address: 2250 Piney Drive, Big Piney, Wyo. State Highway 350.
- Use south entrance.
- Location on Map
Open Hours: 5 p.m. to 6 p.m. each Sunday.
- Other times by appointment. Call center director, Scott Scherbel, 307-276-3347 (office) 307-276-3940 (home).
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- Databases and Software: We have several permanent loan microfilms collections specific to southwest wyoming. We also have a bound set of clippings of family events (births, marriages, deaths, etc.) from the local newspaper from 1912 to 2000 compiled by Anna Lee Woffinden.
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- We have several computers available as well as wireless to use your own. We also have a printer and a copier available. Additionally, there is a microfilm and a microfiche reader.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)
- This page was last modified on 11 April 2013, at 20:06.
- This page has been accessed 158 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More