Betws Lleucu, CeredigionEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
"BETTWS-LEIKE (BETTWS-LEICI), a chapelry in that part of the parish of LLANDEWY-BREVI which is in the upper division of the hundred of MOYTHEN, county of CARDIGAN, SOUTH WALES,7 miles (N. by E.) from Lampeter, containing 381 inhabitants. It is situated in the pleasant vale of the Aêron and on the left bank of that river. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the archdeaconry of Cardigan, and diocese of St. David's, endowed with £1000 royal bounty, and in the patronage of the Perpetual Curate of Llandewy-Brevi. This chapelry separately supports its own poor: the average annual expenditure is £59.9."
[From Samuel Lewis's A Topographical Dictionary of Wales 1833]
For further information see Betws Leucu, Cardiganshire at genuki.org.uk.
Census records from 1841-1891 are available on film through a Family History Center or at the Family History Library. To view these census images online, they are available through a number of websites for a fee ($) or free.
- FamilySearch now has all of the British Censuses available.
- FindMyPast ($) but free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and various other libraries.
- Ancestry.co.uk ($) but free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and various other libraries. The library versions are known as AncestryInstitution.com.
- The Genealogist.co.uk ($) but free at Family History Centers and the Family History Library and various other libraries.
- FreeCen is a UK census searches. It is not complete and individuals are always asked to consider helping out with transcriptions.
Maps and Gazetteers
- This page was last modified on 22 May 2013, at 12:14.
- This page has been accessed 77 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More