Barry County, MichiganEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Guide to Barry County Michigan genealogy. Birth records, marriage records, death records, census records, family history, and military records.
|Barry County, Michigan|
Location of Michigan in the U.S.
|Founded||October 29, 1829|
|Address|| Barry County Courthouse|
220 W State St.
Hastings, MI 49058
Phone: (269) 945-1285 616-948-4810
Barry County Website
County Clerk has birth and death records from 1867,
marriage records from 1839, divorce records
from 1869 and court records from 1845.
Probate Court has probate records.
Register of Deeds has land records. 
1829--Barry County was created 29 October 1829 from unorganized territory. It was attached to St. Joseph and Kalamazoo Counties prior to organization 15 March 1839.
- City: Hastings
- Villages: Freeport | Middleville | Nashville | Woodland
- Townships: Assyria | Baltimore | Barry | Carlton | Castleton | Hastings | Hope | Irving | Johnstown | Maple Grove | Orangeville | Prairieville | Rutland Charter | Thornapple | Woodland | Yankee Springs
- Communities: Assyria | Banfield | Cloverdale | Coats Grove | Delton | Dowling | Hickory Corners | Lacey | Maple Grove | Prairieville | Quimby | Schultz
- Family Maps of Barry County, Michigan (land patent maps) at HistoryGeo.com ($). Free surname search.
Civil War service men from Arenac County served in various regiments. Men often joined a regiment or a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are the military units that were formed in or had many men from Arenac County.
- Michigan Birth Registrations, 1867-1902 -- Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch. Records include such information as name of child, birthdate and place, if still-born, illegitimate or twin, gender, race and record number.
- Michigan Marriage Registrations, 1868-1925 -- Free name indexes at FamilySearch. Records include such information as names of bride and groom, date of license, ages, race, residences, birthplaces, occupations and names of the fathers of the bride and groom.
- Michigan Death Registrations, 1867-1897 -- Free name indexes and images at FamilySearch. Records include such information as name of deceased, date and place of death, gender, color, marital status, age in years, months and days, disease or apparent cause of death, birthplace, names and occupations of parents, and the date the record was made.
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- Family History Library Catalog
- The Barry County MIGenWeb Project, an member of The MIGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Barry County, Michigan page 343, At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
- This page was last modified on 19 April 2013, at 23:01.
- This page has been accessed 1,384 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More