Antigua and Barbuda GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Antigua and Barbuda Genealogy
Pedigrees and genealogical information for many prominent Antigua families were published in:
- Oliver, Vere Langford. The History of the Island of Antigua: One of the Leeward Caribbees in the West Indies, from the First Settlement in 1635 to the Present Time. 3 vols. London: Mitchell and Hughes, 1894-1899. FHL Collection; digital versions at Internet Archive:
- Volume One includes genealogies of †Abbot, Abbott, Alexander, Alexander (see Dasent), †Allen, †Anderson, †Archibald, Ash, †Athill, Athy, Auchinleck, Ayres, †Baijer, †Bannister, Barnes, †Barter, Barton, †Bendall, †Bethell, †Blackman, Bladen, †Blake, †Blizard, Bodkin, Bolan, †Bonnin, Boone, †Boraston, †Bott, Bradshaw, †Brown, †Buckley, †Burke, †Burt, Burton, †Butler, †Byam, †Cade, Carden, Carlile, †Carpenter, †Carter, †Cary, †Chester, Christian, †Clarke, †Clogstown, †Cochran, †Codrington, †Collins, †Colquhoun, Cosby (see Eliot), †Coull, Crabb, †Crawford, Crump, Cusack, †Daniel, †Dasent, Davis, Delap, Denbow, †Dewar, De Witt, Doig, Donovan, †Douglas, †Dow, Drax (see Codrington), †Duer, †Dunbar, †Duncombe, Dunn, †Dunning, †Edwards, †Ellyatt, Eliot, †Elmes, †Entwisle, Erwin (see Dasent), Evanson, †Farley, Fergusson, Ferris, †Field, †Fleming, †Foote, †Franklin, †Fraser, †Freeman, †French, and †Frye families.
- Volume Two includes genealogies of †Anderdon (see Manning), Blackwell (see Jarvis), Gale, †Gallwey, †Gamble, †Garrett, Gaynor, Gilbert, †Gilchrist, Gillyat, Glanvile, †Gloster, Glover, Goble, †Gordon, †Grant, Gravenor, Gray, Grear, Greenway, †Gunthorpe, Haddon, †Halliday, Halloran, †Hamilton, †Hanson, †Harman, †Hart, Harvey, †Hawes, †Herbert, †Hill, Hillhouse, †Hodge, Hodges, †Horne, †Horsford, Hughes, †Humphreys, Hurst, Huyghue, †Hyndman, †Iles, †Jarvis, †Jeaffreson, †Johnson, Jones, Keeling, Kelsick, †Ker, †Kerby, Keynell, †King, †Kirwan, †Knight, Knightley, †Laferty, †Laforey, Langelier, †Langford, Laroche, Lavicount, †Lavington, Ledeatt, Ledwell, †Lee, †Leonard, Le Roux, †Lessly, Libaert, †Lightfoot, Lindsey, Lingham, Lisle, †Livingston, Looby, †Lovell, †Lucas, †Lucie, †Lynch, †Lyons, †McCarthy, †Mackinen, †McNish, †Manning, Manwaring, Marchant, †Martin, †Mathew, Mathews, Maxwell, †Mayer, Middleton, Millar, Monke, Monteigue, Montero, Morgan, †Morris, †Morson, Muir, †Murray, Musgrave, †Nanton, Newfiele, †Nibbs, Nicholas, †Nihell, †Nisbitt, †Nugent, Oesterman, †Oliver, Osborn, and †Ottley families.
- Volume Three includes genealogies of Pare, †Parke, Parker, Parry, Patterson, †Payne, Paynter, Pearne, †Perry, †Pigott, †Pollington, †Powell, †Poyntz, Prynn, Pyle, Redhead, †Redwood, †Richardson, †Roach, †Rodney, Ronan, Rose, Rossington, Royall, †Russell, Salmond, Sampson, †Saunders, Sawcolt, Scholes, †Scotland, Sedgwick, †Shand, †Shephard, Sheriff, Shervington, Shirley, Skerrett, †Smith, Sones, †Stapleton, †Swete, †Symes, †Tankard, Tempest, Tharter, †Thibou, †Thomas, †Tobin, Tomlinson, †Trant, †Traveis, Tremills, †Tudway, †Tullideph, Turner, Turney, Tyley, Vaughan, Vernon, Walrond, †Warner, Watkins, Watson, Weatherill, †Webb, Weir, Weston, Wethered, †White, Whitehead, Wickham, †Williams, Willock, †Willoughby, Winthrop, †Wise, †Woodley, †Wyke, †Yeamans, Yorke, and Young families.
†Additional information on these families appears in the Appendix to Volume Three, which begins on page 410.
Individual Published Genealogies
- [Blackman] - 'Blackman of Antigua and Barbados,' Caribbeana, Vol. 2 (1914):123-126. Digital version at dLOC - free.
- [Boudinot] Clark, Barbara Louise. E.B.: The Story of Elias Boudinot IV, His Family, His Friends, and His Country. Mount Dora, Fla.: M.L. Clark, 1977. FHL Book 921.73 B661c.
- [Brodie] 'Pedigree of Brodie of Antigua,' Caribbeana, Vol. 1 (1910):98-100. Digitised by dLOC - free.
- [Franklyn] Franklyn, Charles Aubrey Hamilton. A Short Genealogical & Heraldic History of the Families of Frankelyn of Kent and Franklyn of Antigua and Jamaica, B.W.I.: Together with Sections of the Families Bolton of Sandford and Gray of Billericay. London: Edward O. Beck LTD, 1932. FHL Collection 929.242 F851f
- [Franklyn] Franklyn, Charles Aubrey Hamilton. The Genealogy of Anne the Quene (Anne Bullen) & Other English Families Including Broughton of Impens, N.Petherton, Bridgwater, co. Somerset; Pontifex of West Wycombe, co. Buckingham; Waddington of Mexborough, co. York; Walwyn of Kilmersdon and Frome., co. Somerset, and of Bognor Regis, co. Sussex: Together with a Supplement to a Short Genealogical and Heraldic History of Four Families (London, Edward O. Beck, Ltd., July 1932) ... Brighton, Sussex: C.A.H. Franklyn, 1977. FHL Collection 929.242 B873f
- [Gatewood] Uhrbrock, Richard S. 'Gatewoods of British West Indies and Virginia,' The Virginia Genealogist, Vol. 19, No. 2 (Apr.-Jun. 1975):146-148. Digital version at American Ancestors ($); FHL Book 975.5 B2vg v. 19 (1975).
- [Gilbert] 'Gilbert of Antigua,' Caribbeana, Vol. 6 (1919):16-17. Digital version at dLOC - free.
- [Goble] Goble Family Association et al. The Goble Family Newsletter. Davidsonville, Md.: Goble Family Association, 1994-. FHL Collection 929.27305 G538s
- [Kelsick] Rose, George H. The Kelsick--Dobyns--Sutton Families. Provo, Utah: J. Grant Stevenson, 1971. FHL Collection 929.273 K299rg
- [Leacock] Herrick, Suzanna Hiller and Helen Gray. Leacocks: Including the Manuscript Entitled "The Three Clerbymen of New Orleans and Benjamin F. Butler" Written by Helen Gray. San Rafael, Calif.: S.H.Herrick, 1994. FHL Collection 929.273 L469h
- [Lightfoot] Tyler, Lyon G. "The Lightfoot Family," The William and Mary Quarterly, Vol. 2, No. 2 (Oct. 1893):91-97; Vol. 2, No. 3 (Jan. 1894):204-207; Vol. 2, No. 4 (Apr. 1894):259-262; Vol. 3, No. 2 (Oct. 1894):104-111, Vol. 3, No. 2 (Oct. 1894):137. Digitized by JSTOR - free.
- [Lucas] Ravenel, Harriott Horry. Eliza Pinckney. New York: Charles Scribner's Sons, 1896. Digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- [Lyon] Lyon, Reg and Lyon's Family Association of America. The Story of the Family Lyon: The Origin of the Name Lyon. Glamorgan: Lyon's Families Association of America, 1999. FHL Collection 929.273 L994Lr; digital version at FamilySearch Books Online.
- [Lyons] 'Lyons of Antigua,' Caribbeana, Vol. 1 (1910):137-138. Digitised by dLOC - free.
- [MacKinnon] MacKinnon, Donald D. Memoirs of Clan Fingon. 1882; reprint, Morgantown, W.Va.: Scotpress, 1984. FHL Book 929.241 M216m 1984.
- [Nibbs] - 'Nibbs of Antigua,' Caribbeana, Vol. 6 (1919):147. Digitised by dLOC - free.
- [Oliver] - 'Oliver of Nevis and Antigua,' Caribbeana, Vol. 6 (1919):144-145. Digitised by dLOC - free.
- [Rose] D.G.H.J. [sic] Notes on Rose, Greene Genealogy. MSS. Microfilmed 1998. FHL Collection 2055401 Item 11
- [Royall] Pinnell, Royall E. and Pinnell-Royall Family Association. The Pinnell-Royall Family Circle. Mesquite, Texas: Pennell-Royall Family Association, 1943-1972. FHL Collection 929.27305 P656f
- [Royall] Pinnell, Royall E., Pat Works, and A.B. Pinnell. History of Pinnell-Royall Families. Texas: Pinnell-Royall Family Association, 1977. FHL Collection Large Q 929.273 P382e
- [Schneller] Verrill, Ruth and J.H. Horsemann. Background of Levy County, Florida, Snellers. Typescript, donated 1962. FHL Collection 896608 Item 1
- [Vickery] 'Vickery: History of the Vickery Family, ca. 1676-1972, of West Cork, Ireland and Antigua, United States and Australia,' in Genealogical Records: Miscellaneous Collection. MSS. Microfilmed 1987. FHL Film 1441063 Item 27.
- [Wickham] 'Major John Wickham of Antigua,' Caribbeana, Vol. 6 (1919):120-120b. Digitised by dLOC - free. Photograph of monumental slab.
- This page was last modified on 18 October 2012, at 00:33.
- This page has been accessed 2,574 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More