Annandale Virginia Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Family History Center article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Annandale Family History Center (AFHC) established in 1970 is a branch of the Family History Department of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and is open for genealogical research by both church members and the general public. FHCs provide local access to Church microfilmed family history records, family history computer resources, and internet genealogical websites.
There is no charge for using the facility, nominal charges for use of the copying machines, and rental of microfilms or microfiche (current rates 5.50 for film rentals, 15 cents per sheet of microfilm)
Patrons are responsible for doing their own genealogical research. Our all-volunteer staff is ready to answer questions about the resources available in AFHC and give research guidance as available.
Location & Map:
3900 Howard Street, Annandale, Virginia, 22003 Access to AFHC is through the exterior door on the West side of the building, as you come into the parking lot.
Link to map using Google
Phone: 703 256-5518
Open Hours: 9:30 AM- 4:30 PM Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday
6:30 PM - 9:30 PM Wednesday
9;30 AM- 1:00 PM Thursday, Friday
Closed Sunday & Monday
Holiday Schedule: Closed most major holidays, and General Conference Weekends
Closed August 14- September 5, 2011
Calendar and Events
Upcoming Events- Family History Conference, November 5, 2011
Class Schedule- TBA
Staff Training Meetings- TBA
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- (Include the resources you have to help individuals do their research - computers, microfilm readers, printers, etc. )
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)
- This page was last modified on 11 April 2013, at 20:05.
- This page has been accessed 679 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More