Alabama County Probate Records (FamilySearch Historical Records)/Known IssuesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
| This page was created by FamilySearch Historical Records personnel. It details problems identified within this collection and answers to those problems.
If you wish to comment, please visit the discussion page to post your comments.
Question #1: I used to be able to see all of the records for Pike County and now I can only see records A – J. What happened to the rest of the records?
Answer #1: When FamilySearch added browse points to this collection, it created a problem not only with Pike County, but will most of the counties in Alabama. This problem is in the process of being fixed. Since this collection contains digitized images there is no associated film. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Question #2: I cannot find my ancestor in these records. Is there a way to find my ancestors name?
Answer #2: Some of the files may contain more than one name. If you cannot find the name you are searching, please look throughout the record that is in the same alphabetical area as your ancestor. This procedure does not guarantee the name is included.
Question #3: When I use this collection using the Name of my ancestor, and Talladega or Madison County, I get a message “No records found.” How do I find my ancestors estate/probate files in Talladega and Madison Counties?
Answer #3: When this collection was placed online, all of the counties were indexed and listed by the last name of the estate, found on the outside of the folder. Because these records were indexed the name of a person or the estate can be typed into the search boxes. However, Talladega and Madison counties were not indexed. This means that if you type a name into the search box of an estate from these two counties, you will get the message “No records found”. You can find the records which are in alphabetical order by using the browse function.
If you encounter additional problems with this collection, feel free to report them at email@example.com. Please include the following information:
- If searching a specific collection: please include the name of the collection; include all search criteria used, including name, event, dates and places.
- If browsing this collection: please include the full path you followed to where the problem occurred. The browse path is located above the Image viewer window. For example: Alabama, County Probate Records, 1830-1976 > Bibb > Alexander, George A (1916) > Image 1 of 15.
- If you are reporting a technical issue: please include your operating system and browser version, such as Windows XP and Internet Explorer.
Your assistance will help ensure that future revisions will be considered.
Return to the Alabama County Probate Records (FamilySearch Historical Records) Learn More page
Return to the Alabama, County Probate Records, 1830-1976 collection at FamilySearch.org.
- This page was last modified on 4 September 2012, at 20:05.
- This page has been accessed 150 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More