Aiken's Mounted Infantry, South CarolinaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
"Units of the Confederate States Army" by Joseph H. Crute, Jr. contains no history for this unit  .
Aiken's Mounted Infantry is a unit of the South Carolina Local Defense Troops.
Companies in this Regiment with the Counties of Origin
Men often enlisted in a company recruited in the counties where they lived though not always. After many battles, companies might be combined because so many men were killed or wounded. However if you are unsure which company your ancestor was in, try the company recruited in his county first.
- Captain William F. Percival's Company SC Mounted Infantry Aiken Mounted Infantry Roll - Barnwell District, Edgefield District and Lexington District - Roster, (accessed 5 Apr 2011). Also see Roster, (accessed 7 Apr 2011), newspaper announncement included.
- Civil War Soldiers and Sailors System can be searched by soldier's name or by regiment; includes regimental rosters and additional history of the regiment. This site uses Joseph H. Crute's book, Units of the Confederate States Army, as their main source for the regiment history. Family History Library book 973 M2crua, FHL Collection, WorldCat.
- Footnote.com (A subscription website, but is available for use at the Family History Library and some Family History Centers). It has digital Civil War soldier service records and brief regiment histories (located at the bottom of some of the muster rolls).
- Captain William F. Percival's Company SC Mounted Infantry Aiken Mounted Infantry Roll - Records, (accessed 5 Apr 2011).
- This page was last modified on 16 January 2013, at 01:51.
- This page has been accessed 211 times.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More